Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oh, West Wing, why couldn't you have been on TV forever


The West Wing recently came to Netflix.  The day it did, it immediately went into my queue and I began rewatching from the start. It had been years since I've done that.  I used to watch reruns when it was on Bravo.  I've never watched it from start to finish, even when it was on airs.

The West Wing is tied for my favorite show of all time right next to Battlestar Galactica.  There is something magical about The West Wing.  The chemistry of the cast, the storylines, the walk and talk; I love the show so much.  It doesn't matter how many episodes I watch, the theme song still instills a sense of pride in what our country stands for.  I know that sound cheesy, but it's true.  Even today.

Aaron Sorkin, the creator behind The West Wing, has a new show on HBO called The Newsroom.  It's first season ended months ago, but here's the trailer:


This show makes me want to be a journalist again.  It's what I wanted to do while in college, every so often it resurfaces again.  Every time I watch an episode of The Newsroom for the moment the starting credits begin to play, I want to be a journalist again.

Sorkin makes magic.  He takes an idea and he turns it into pure magic.  I don't know how he does it, but I know how it makes me feel.  Aaron Sorkin's shows make me feel like the world is mine, that I can take it on and I can be victorious.

On second thought, maybe it's just the theme song...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!